[oletrucks] Horn Contact

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Horn Contact
From: "Charles Hosang" <hosang1@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 17:53:51 -0600
I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but even I know something is not
right with my horn contacts in the steering wheel hub.  Problem is, I don't
know what to do about it because I can't figure out what is the cause of the
problem.  In brief, when I install the spring- rivet assembly in the hole, it
sticks out too far and doesn't allow the circular assembly to sit down on the
threaded hub of the steering column.  The hole is 3/4" deep, the rivet is 7/8'
long, the hub height is 9/32', the depth of the contact assembly with the
keyway is5/32" and the height of the fixed contact is 3/32". Using a
screwdriver to make contact with the hub, spring-rivet, and fixed contact at
the same time results in the horn blowing, but it is awkward to drive around
with a screwdriver in hand.  My first reaction is to shorten the "rivet" but by
how much?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Charley 1951 3600 Chev.

Charles Hosang