Re: [oletrucks] 55 chevy truck 2nd series Horn wire Turn

To: "Mark Treutelaar" <phoneman@ticon.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 55 chevy truck 2nd series Horn wire Turn
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 10:13:03 -0500
Mark,
   The wire is soldered to the upper bearing, a heavy duty soldering gun or
possibly one of the butane supplied portable soldering device would
probably be the way to go to reattach. I believe this wire supplies the
ground to the horn contact when depressed.   Here's a link to a photo at
Brother--although you can't see the connection
http://www.brothersonlinestore.com/prodinfo.asp?number=USCB059
The screw is what holds the assembly from sliding down - maybe your screw
isn't long enough... Just a thought.   --wayne