RE: [oletrucks] Tachometer wiring

To: "Mark Noakes" <mark@noakes.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Tachometer wiring
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <Bill.Hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 08:26:24 -0600
I don't think there was such a thing as "original" tach wiring for GMC
TF trucks.  I base my opinion on the attached page from the Canadian
Chevrolet/GMC Master Parts Book.  I assume the US model tach was the
same.  Here is what the Parts Book says.

      The following #18 gauge wires to be made up locally
      - Transmitter Ground
      - Distributor to Transmitter
      - Transmitter to Head, 2 required

I case you need it, I have also attached a hand drawn schematic for a
Sun EB7A Transmitter (Sending Unit) which is the correct unit for any 8
cylinder 12 volt positive ground gas engine.

TACH0010.jpg]

eb7a.jpg]