[oletrucks] wheel restoration

To: "Lotus Europa" <lotuseuropa@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] wheel restoration
From: "Mark Noakes" <mark@noakes.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 16:42:49 -0800
Someone suggested that I check with Transwheel for restoration on the aluminum
wheels on my vintage Lotus...13 by 5.5 cast aluminum, painted, and then some of
the paint machined off on the outside of the rim and the spokes to make them
look original plus clear coat.  The price quote I got back was $155 per wheel
plus shipping of course, so I would figure over $200 per wheel for five wheels.
 It does sound like they would be perfect though.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?  This is a little steeper than I was
hoping for and making the do-it-yourself approach more attractive, even if
seriously labor intensive.

Comments?

How much are the reproduction wheels for these (this Q to the Lotus list only)?

Mark Noakes

Personal, hobby, enthusiast vehicles, work/school, nature/travel/art
photography located at:

http://blog.mark.noakes.com/

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice
there is usually a difference."--Anonymous

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I
repeat myself.
-- Mark Twain.