[oletrucks] Question about Safety Neutral Switch

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Question about Safety Neutral Switch
From: "Mike Sergesketter" <mserges@psci.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 22:02:07 -0500
I have a 1970 chevy van column shift steering column that I installed in my 57
3100.  I am doing the wiring and trying to find the correct safety neutral
switch for the column.  There is a slot on the lower end of the column to
mount the switch, but the shift tube is smooth, and I am trying to understand
how the safety switch will be triggered by the movement of the shifter.  The
stock switch has a lever with a slot in the middle that moves back and
forth....can anyone tell me how the shift tube is suppose to move the lever on
the neutral switch?

Thanks, Mike