[oletrucks] Carter YF??

To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net,
Subject: [oletrucks] Carter YF??
From: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:52:44 -0700
Alllrighty then.  I'm going through my stash of "If you want it, take it"
carburetors, looking for 2 that are the same that will fit my Offenhauser
dual intake manifold.  It seems that I have three Carter YF carbs with
manual choke (which is what I want).  I'm looking over past archives and
they all talk about specific model numbers, 2100S, 789S, 946S etc..

Where does a simple minded moron find these model numbers on the actual
carb?  Do you have to have the same model number on the dual intake?  Maybe
I should have waited until after the first carb comes out of the ultrasonic
cleaner to see if it is somewhere underneath all of the 50 years of crud.

And another thing, am I correct in assuming that a carb that came off of a
235 will fit an Offenhauser manifold made for a chevy 235???

My head hurts.   I think that I will start riding a bicycle.

Durwood
51 Chevy 1/2 ton Deluxe 5 window
52 Burb