[oletrucks] Carbs license lens and bullet lights

To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net,
Subject: [oletrucks] Carbs license lens and bullet lights
From: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 07:03:33 -0700
Greetings and salutations,

Once again I come to the ever wise and all knowing list.  I am on a few
quests.  One was to find a license plate lens for my Burb, which was
accomplished yesterday!!  I found a COMPLETE tail light assembly for the
burb clamshell which makes me believe that that tail light was used on
something other than Burb clamshells.  Oh, yes the price was FREE. :-)   Yes
I'm doing the victory dance.

This guy has 2 1/2 sets of very nice bullet lights that are very similar to
the 39 Chevy lights except they only have a one filament bulb with a clear
lens.  I took some pics that I will post later.  Yes the guy wants to sell
the bullet lights but first he wants to ID them.

I was also on a quest to find a few sets of matching carter carbs.  One set
for a 216 and one set for a 261.  I found a set for the 216 (not for me
unfortunately) which has a different base than the 261.  Can the bases be
swapped for the same carb model??  For instance, I found a 787S carter that
fits the 261 and a 787SB that fits the 216.  Could I put a 261 base on the
787SB???  I can't recall what the base number is for each kind right now but
do you see where I'm going with this??  Also what is the difference between
a Carter 787'S' and a 787'SB'?

I have to clean the license plate lens now, so I will sign off.

Durwood
51 Chevy 1/2 ton Deluxe 5 window
52 Burb