Re: [oletrucks] brakes

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] brakes
From: "Steve Hanberg" <Steve@oldsub.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 21:18:52 -0800
I think you have it backwards.

A 10 psi RESIDUAL valve will apply your disk brakes enough that when jacked
up you won't be able to turn the wheels.  You want a 2 psi on the disks and
a 20 psi on the rear.

In most cases you need a proportioning valve on the rears to balance the
front and rear brakes.

In some cases you also need a hold-off valve to keep the disk brakes from
being applied until the rears can apply also.

I solved this problem on mine by using brakes and master designed for a
disk/drum system on a similar weight vehicle with a similar front/rear bias.
I then used the combination valve from the same vehicle in place of a
separate hold-off and proportioning valve.  I still needed residual valves
because my master is mounted under the floor too.

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com