[oletrucks] Replacement AD suburban gas tank?

To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, Old-Burb-club@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: [oletrucks] Replacement AD suburban gas tank?
From: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 08:04:01 -0600
I pulled the tank from the 52 Burb and dumped the 23 year old gas into a
bucket to be burned up along with many leaves and branches on the town burn
day next saturday.  The gas looked like bad coffee and really has a peculiar
persistent offensive smell!!  I guess that it's a good thing that the burn
pile is in the middle of an open field lest the neighbors find some tar and
feathers or a horizontal branch and about 40 feet of rope.

Anyhoo, the tank had about 3 cups worth of rice crispies rust thingys and
other scale in it and it also has a rust through hole about 3/4 of the way
up.  I'm thinkin' that I should just replace the tank but that is easier
said than done cuz I can't find any replacement tanks for an AD suburban
except one that is stainless steel for $630.00.  =:0  I have looked in the
archives and didn't have much luck.

Does anyone have a source for a replacement AD suburban tank, plastic,
substitute or whatever?

Or has anyone had good luck with cleaning and coating the inside of a rusty
tank?

Durwood
51 Chevy 1/2 ton Deluxe 5 window
52 Burb