Re: [oletrucks] frame cleaning and rust

To: Tom Cooper <c_tom@bellsouth.net>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] frame cleaning and rust
From: Jim Nordwall <jimnordwall@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 15:47:47 -0800 (PST)
Before scrapping the 305, I would pull the heads.
Cameros, firebirds, and trucks made around that time
have heads that have bigger valves than a lot of the
stock 350s. These heads also have a smaller combustion
chamber. The net result is better breathing and about
10.5:1 compression. Grind any sharp edges out of the
combustion chamber so that the motor won't ping. I run
mine on "regular plus" pump gas. No knocks. One of the
guys I work with races this combination, I have also
seen an article about it in one of the car magazines.

Jim Nordwall
1950 3100

http://www.coopscorner.com/55truck/donor_car/donor_index.htm