[oletrucks] maybe wrong rear end

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] maybe wrong rear end
From: "Tom Cooper" <c_tom@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 06:00:11 -0400
I was pressure washing the rear end that came out of the 81 Camaro I
purchased and it occurred to me that there is a good chance the rear is
geared to high. The Camaro had a 305 with a straight drive tranny. I am not
sure of how many gears, I just know it was a floor shift, there was no
transmission in it when I got it.
I have the numbers from it, 2PC G086, I will call the dealership today and
find out what gear is in it. I still have the rear from the 75 Camaro, so it
should work fine.  Have a good week...Tom,