[oletrucks] PS pump

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: [oletrucks] PS pump
From: "luke zsiga" <50chevy@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 20:38:40 -0500
I am converting my truck to power steering I have already mounted/welded the
PS box to the frame and am going to use a tilt column but my problem is
getting the right PS pump I bought Classic Performance Products PS
conversion kit which calls for a 68-79 2wd Chevy or GMC PS box which is what
I bought unfortunately swmbo threw away the box and receipt B/C I pack rat
to much useless stuff  well its not useless now! anyway now I don't know
what year, engine size, or model PS box i have so I don't know what PS pump
to get and according to the LAPS theres hundreds of diff types of PS pumps
in that range (68-72 2wd) I know that the main difference between most of
these pumps is the shape which wont matter to much since I'm going to make
my own brackets to mount it. Do they put out diff pressures? my box has 2
holes for hoses and some of the pumps i saw on the Internet say they have
only 1 pressure line so i guess I'm not going to get one of those pumps and
some of the pumps have some type of vacuum deal on it could I use one of
those for the vacuum conection on my brake booster? instead of tapping into
the intake?I would prefer not to buy some aftermarket fits all pump that
they have in magazines B/C those are around $120 and the ones the laps were
looking at were only $40