[oletrucks] Its alive--its alive

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Its alive--its alive
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 09:03:23 -0400
Well, after many months of the ole 56 being down to the distributor and cam
replacement the ole gal is finally back on the road. Although this was put
off quiet a few time to have fun with our new motorcycle, just couldn't
keep my butt off its saddle long enough to concentrate on the truck. The
original cam was rather radical and made for slow cruising speeds to be a
bit awkward, although she'd scream when into the throttle, such a major
difference going from what I had to the more tame cam. Although she don't
cut the lick that she once did, it sure it a smoother and easier to drive
truck. Before when letting it idle while in first gear, you could feel the
aggressive cam working, the truck would kinds jerk in a cyclical motion but
now smoooooth. The wife took the first ride in it since the front end
rebuilt, disk brake installation, and the more friendly highway
gears---she's smiled instead of cringing so guess I crossed another hurdle
as well. Got a set of seat belts to install--she's been wanting these for a
while, so hopefully she'll ride in the truck more now..   While down it was
time to refreshen all the chrome over the engine, bought a edelbrock
permastar coated intake--looks chrome but its a powder coat of some
sort--won't turn blue and stayed the way it now looks. Spend more on the
bling that the cam and intake.   So she's all dolled back up and ready to
go...   YEE HAW!! --wayne

Wayne Osborne
http://www.chevytrucks.org
http://www.chevytrucks.org/wayne