RE: [oletrucks] HELP!! small or big block

To: "Juan Carlos Acosta Medina" <jcacosta@alestra.com.mx>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] HELP!! small or big block
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <Bill.Hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 13:08:37 -0500
They asking what engine is in your truck.  They need to know this to
provide the proper brackets to mount the power steering pump to the
engine.

Big block refers to a Chevrolet V8 engine that started life as 396, 427
or 454 cubic inches.  None of these engines were originally in your
truck, although someone could have put one in later.

Small block refers to a Chevrolet V8 engine that started life as 265,
283, 302, 327, 350 or 400 cubic inches.  If your truck was V8 equipped
from the factory it would have either had a 265 (1955 into 1957 year
model) or 283 (1957 through 1959).

If your truck is equipped with a 6 cylinder engine Brothers is probably
not going to have a proper mounting bracket for a power steering pump.