[oletrucks] Engine Questions

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Engine Questions
From: "Kiel Parkinson" <InsanityIsBorn@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 17:52:57 -0600
Hi my name is Kiel Parkinson, I am a 19 year old College student
struggling to make ends meet, and my transportation just bailed out on
me. My engine blew up. I own a 1951 Chevrolet 3100, and I am struggling
to decide what I want to do about it. What I had in my truck was a 250
I-6 from a 72-79 Chevrolet truck, mated to an SM420 Transmission. So far
my choices are to do a swap now with a V8 or I6:

            1) Do I do a V8 swap into it. If so what size, what will I
need to do so, and what transmissions will mate up to it
hopefully my SM420 will mate up to it. Or!

            2) Continue on with a Straight six, if so what size, what
cars have them, what do I need, and what trannys will mate easily up to
what ones.

Also which would be safer, better and more economical..

Thanks for your help

Kiel Parkinson