[oletrucks] Testing the waters - 1962 235 w/Powerglide - 39,000 original

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Testing the waters - 1962 235 w/Powerglide - 39,000 original
From: rob.parkinson@oracle.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 02:43:38 +0000 (GMT)
Bought this engine from a 1962 Impala with 39,000 original miles on it, with
the intentions of putting it in my 51 3100.  Decided to replace the current 250
with another - much easier.
Before we decided not to use it,  we spent a lot of time detailing it,
installed new gaskets including head, oil pan and head cover, etc and generally
cleaned it up. When we took off the transmission, you could almost eat off the
inside, it was so clean.
Anyway, like I said, we're testing the waters to see if there's any interest
and what value this engine/trans holds.
Thanks, Rob