Re: [oletrucks] Stovebolt HEI installation

To: tim lloyd <tim.lloyd@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Stovebolt HEI installation
From: bairdr <bairdr@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 14:48:30 -0500
make sure that the pump is engaged properly when installing the
distributor before you try to tighten down the holding clamp.
Make sure that the dis. goes down all the way if not you will need to
align the bottom of the dis. shaft with the oil pump inside of the hole
that the dis. is going in to use a large screw driver to align the Oil
pump with. you can have some one bump the engine over wile you are
pushing down on the dis. to engage it into the pump also this works best
for me. I have one from (*** Langdon's Stovebolt Engine Parts Co.*
<http://www.stoveboltengineco.com/catalog/partsonline.htm>**
http://www.stoveboltengineco.com/catalog/partsonline.htm)

 and it works fine I Love it its in my 54 261

Here is a link where you can see my distributor some what
http://webpages.charter.net/bairdr/img/S_HPIM0776.JPG

Robert Baird