[oletrucks] Oil Filter Line

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Oil Filter Line
From: "Kent S. Butler" <kent_butler@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 19:26:24 -0800 (PST)
I have a line that is coming out of the oil filter that I can't identify.  I
have looked through the service manual, factory assembly manual, etc.  I am
working on a 216 engine with the beehive type oil filter canister.

  There is one line that comes out of the bottom of the canister and runs to
the engine just above the oil pan (this one I am okay with).

  Now, the other line comes out of the top of the oil filter canister and has a
"T" fitting (and splits into 2 lines).  One is a rubber hose which runs back to
the engine block (I am okay with this line too).  The unidentifiable other line
is a copper line which runs back towards the firewall wall and around the value
cover and connects into the engine between the 3rd and 4th spark plug (halfway)
just below the value cover.  Does anybody have any idea what this is for and
where I can find a new one??

  Thanks in advance for the help,

  Kent