[oletrucks] RE: Recommended Vendors for 'old' chevy truck parts

To: oakmountain@nac.net
Subject: [oletrucks] RE: Recommended Vendors for 'old' chevy truck parts
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 08:27:30 -0600
Scott:
Per your request in the message below, following is a list of vendors I've
purchased parts from. I've been very pleased cannot think of any vendors on
my list that I've had problems with.

Classic Parts of America (formerly Chevy Duty) - misc. interior parts,
weatherstripping, etc.
LMC Truck Parts - misc. interior parts, weatherstripping, etc.
Tuckers Classic Pickup Parts - Poly 21-gallon gas tank (under bed)
Brothers - power brake conversion, power steering conversion,misc. interior
parts, weatherstripping, etc.
Bow Tie Bits - rebuilt instrument cluster, hard to find OE parts.
Classic Industries - misc. interior parts, weatherstripping, etc.
Yogi's Inc. - street rod parts (excellent availability and returns policy)
Phoenix Transmissions - 4-speed overdrive transmissions (good instructions
and warranty)
Juliano's Interior Products - seat belts and 3rd stop light
Northern Auto Parts - engine parts (intakes, carbs, and etc.)
Wardlow Custom Masks - Bra and bumper cover
Art Morrison Engineering - rear 4-link suspension
Total Cost Involved - independant front suspension (IFS)
Mark-K Quality Parts - bed replacement items (polished stainless bed strips)
Mother Truckers - sheetmetal (fenders dorrs and etc.) good prices and
returns policy
JC Whitney - engine fan, alternator, and crank belt pulleys
Alan Grove - power steering pump, alternator brackets (good workmanship,
excellent instructions)

Depending on where you are located, some of these vendors have competative
shipping prices.  I'm located in the midwest, so I've seldom ordered
anything big from CA or FL.

Hope this list helps, if I can be of any further assistance, feel free to
contact me.  Good luck with your '56!!

Carl Ham
'56 Chevy Stepside Pickup
Hopewell, IL