Re: [oletrucks] any suggestions door pins

To: "john howard" <johnhoward37@sympatico.ca>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] any suggestions door pins
From: "James Hays" <thomasind@nventure.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 07:49:33 -0800
Don't doubt the pins without wear - mine looked like hardened pin in mild
steel hinges.

My 55 - 1st P U :  Some pins came out with penetrate oil - some ground off
heads off , center punched & drilled a smaller hole thru the pin being
careful to hold correct angle in the drill press allowing release of rusted
pin with a punch.

Went to local parts ( NAPA I think ) - had my old hinge & purchased  pins a
little larger than the largest worn hole - were too long allowing grind to
length. Need care for correct drill size for pin clearance - new pins were
held in place with top serration.

Tight or tighter than new,
Jim