[oletrucks] 55-1st P U Rear Spring Mount Shackle Pins

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 55-1st P U Rear Spring Mount Shackle Pins
From: "James Hays" <thomasind@nventure.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 22:54:53 -0800
Thanks to your suggestions I got around to trying the Heat / BP Blaster and
short pipe / bolt & nut rear bushing removal - it worked great.

Used the heat / blaster & 1/2 " bolt / nut and exact sized washer on the
pusher side to break the bushings loose & then added a "length of bushing"
smaller pipe ( cleared bushing I D ) to the pusher side.

With the new bushings serrated surface they were harder to install than the
removals using an old bench vice to press in.

Thanks for your help - was not looking forward to mount removal / reinstall
after trip to NAPA to press bushings out & in.

Jim