Re: [oletrucks] Exhaust question

To: Steven Stuckmeyer <slstusmc@yahoo.com>, ole trucks
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Exhaust question
From: Bob Chansler <bobchansler@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 12:06:01 -0800 (PST)
Steve,
I have a Jim Meyers Racing rack on the front of my 49 burb, so the
setup is similar to a Mustang II front end. I have a 350/350 combo installed.
I had to use block hugger headers to get them to clear the steering shaft.  I
bought the cheapies from Summit. I tried to use ram's horm headers, but they
were too wide. I also moved the engine 1 inch toward the passenger side to get
clearance for the steering shaft. For the engine mount I used a modified mount
from Chassis Engineering that uses F..d rubber donuts. It was easy to modify
to shift the engine over.  For the tranny I used a universal mount I bought
from the Truck Shop at a sway meet many years ago.
Good Luck with the
project.
Bob
Mead, CO