[oletrucks] Trouble with Flaming River columns??

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Trouble with Flaming River columns??
From: "AKB" <akburke@cableone.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 10:27:11 -0700
I have a rattle in my Flaming River column in my '49 Panel.....and the
borgeson joint at the bottom has a little movement in it...which I believe
is the source of the noise. Plus, I've having problems with my
horn.....seems like the ground is intermittant at best.  When I bypass the
horn button it works fine.....suggesting that the horn button is not
grounding through the column.

Meanwhile the keyless 70s Chevy Van column in my '49 pickup has never has a
problem (for about $30).

The Flaming River column may be four or five years old...but it only has a
couple of thousand miles on it (you know how these projects go).

I called Flaming River....they said they had no known problems in this
area...and could offer no help other than 'there should be no play at the
end of the column'.

Any one else have a similar experience??

Any ideas/suggestions appreciated....
-A