Re: [oletrucks] Trouble with Flaming River columns??

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Trouble with Flaming River columns??
From: Keith Durand <kdurand@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 12:35:42 -0500
If the angle the column makes with hthe shaft is too much, the bearing
and ujoint might have died prematurely. Also, make sure the lower
bearing hasn't worked it's way out of the column. I'm not familar with
the flaming river parts, but I remember a small clip on my old van
column that kept the lower bearing in.

As for the horn, try adding a ground wire between body and column. There
might be paint or sealant that is messing up the ground. Could also try
grounding the shaft temporarily to see if the problem is there.