RE: [oletrucks] Re: AD Radiator

To: <oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Re: AD Radiator
From: "Antonio Tijerino" <antonio@tijerino.net>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 21:10:16 -0600
Hello,

I have been following the AD radiator thread and would like to explain my
situation to see if I can get help.
My truck is a 1953 Chevy truck, I have installed a 1957 235 car engine and
it is a bit longer than the original 216, this causes fitment problems with
the radiator that I though it would be solved by using the short shaft water
pump. I have the larger 2 5/8" thick core radiator, the lower hose outlet is
about 1 3/4" and the upper inlet hose is about 1 1/2", I think is the desert
cooler (good for a V8 upgraded truck) and with this short shaft water pump
it barely clears the shaft by 1/8" I don't hack the radiator core support.
My radiator is brand new, never installed and I was thinking if I can find
someone on this list that wants to buy it from me or trade it for an equally
new 2" thick core radiator. This would allow me to install the radiator and
fan without having to hack the core support. Anyone interested? Like I said
the radiator is brand new, never installed, never had coolant poured into
it.
Please email me off line if interested.

Thanks,

Antonio