Re: [oletrucks] Master Cylinder Removal

To: "Kent S. Butler" <kent_butler@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Master Cylinder Removal
From: Bill Bailey <bill@oletruck.com>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 08:23:00 -0400
Kent S. Butler wrote:
> I need help removing the master cylinder on my "56 Chevy 3100.  It is mounted
>on the frame rail underneath the floor board on the driver's side.  For the
>life of me, I don't know how to disconnect it from the brake pedal.  For my
>sanity, any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Kent Butler
> '56 Chevy 3100
> Houston, TX

Hi Kent
It's been a number of years since I had the stock setup on my 57 but as
I recall the brake pedal goes through the floorboard to a pivot off the
frame and then bends back almost straight towards the master cylinder.
There is a rod coming from the front of the master cylinder with a
clevis type arrangement that connects the master cylinder rod to the
brake  pedal assembly with a drop through pin.
I hope my memory is serving me correctly, if not I'm sure someone will
correct me.

--
Bill Bailey