Re: [oletrucks] 3/4 ton Third Member Swaps

To: wayne@chevytrucks.org, joe@brakecylinder.com,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 3/4 ton Third Member Swaps
From: cadamsarch@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 16:47:04 -0400
 Hello Wayne, Joe, & Oletruckers,

See, if you please:????? http://www.oldgmctrucks.com/page0276.html

It's an article showing, in nine steps, how to replace 1947-1954 GMC & Chevy
3/4 ton & 1 ton rears (which came with 4.57:1 or 5.14:1 rear gears) with rears
from 1967-1972 GM 3/4 ton with automatic tranny with coil springs (& 4.11:1
rear gears). I believe this article is the work of Rob English & is copy write
protected.

This article makes it look like an easy job. To show me doing the same project,
I'd add a photo between each of his photos showing yours truly drinking coffee,
scratching head, looking up what you guys have to say in the archives, making a
parts run, returning for a part that actually fit, building a special tool,
cursing because my thumb jumped between wrench & nut at the worst time, buying
a case of cold ones for medicinal purposes, & so on & so off...

Hope this helps. (I don't know how much applies to swaps into TF trucks.)

Culver Adams
1951 Chevy 3100
Minneapolis, Minnesota, where, Nate, we have no AD's left with exterior sun
visors:? our crow size mosquitos long ago bashed all those accessories to
smithereens :-)