[oletrucks] Shop height

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Shop height
From: "Andrew Nelson" <anelson43@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 13:18:12 +0000 GMT
Mark.
I built a 60X50 metal building with 14 foot walls.  I have a  four post lift
that fits nicely in one corner. I installed 12X14 foot rollup doors on two
sides in order to drive through. Very, very convenient.  UPS can back right up
to the door and unload. LOL. It has 4 skylights in the roof that makes it very
light in daytime and 8 metal halide lights that provide plenty of light at
night.  Probably too much so I divided them into banks via switch.  A 240 btu
chicken house propane heater will run you out if turned up too high.  Naturally
it is fully insulated.  No the skylights don't leak.  A 48 inch exhaust fan
pulls air through any opening.  Have 6, 6 foot sliding windows on 3 sides
providing additional light and ventilation.  Build a 12X24 office with storage
overhead and have a full bath installed between the new building and old
garage. I have a Bass Boat, car trailer, 5 vehicles, the lift and have plenty
of room left.  Also, don't forget to have a low place in one section to install
a drain to the outside in order to wash something inside during off weather.
I love my "dog house".   Good luck!!!   Any questions? Holler!!
Andy in Alabama.
Sent from my Blackberry