[oletrucks] anyone try this 3/4 or 1 ton rear differential regear?

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] anyone try this 3/4 or 1 ton rear differential regear?
From: PDM <peterdalbymiddleton@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 02:49:03 -0400
http://drivetrain.com/common/qa.asp?expand=158
  Q: My 1960 Chevy longbed stepside 3/4 ton pickup is not capable of highway
speeds. I have been told that I need to change the rearend gearing. The
rearend is a stock 10 bolt round differential cover and the wheels are 8
lug.  A: If you have a differential with a drop out section you have an
H072. For this unit we offer a 3.90 ratio (highest available). Your cost is
$285.00 + freight for the ring and pinion kit. We also offer a bearing
overhaul kit, your cost is $250.00 + freight. If your differential is a rear
cover style it is possibly a Dana 60. If this is the case please provide a
bill of material number. Your bill of material number can be found on the
passenger side axle tube near the shock mount. The number always starts with
a 6 (example being 60305-2). With this number we have a good chance of
getting you the correct parts, the first time. To assist you we have
provided a sketch at www.drivetrain.com/dana30.html