Re: [oletrucks] Radiators

To: George Perez <g.perez@charter.net>, oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Radiators
From: Jim Nordwall <jimnordwall@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 13:52:06 -0700 (PDT)
After finding out that aluminum radiators are high
dollar and high maintenance, I looked around for a
copper radiator, Classic Parts (Chevy Duty) sells a
desert cooler with trans cooler for about $350. The
specific one I ordered is designed for a 350. They
also advertise one for a six banger and say that using
the V8 radiator with a 6 cylinder motor will cause fit
problems. From that I am guessing the V8 is a four row
radiator. I visited the local radiator shop, they told
me they could build a four row using my original
radiator for about $350 without trans cooling. Since
my original is well rusted, I choose to get the new
one. I ordered it two weeks ago and was told that it
is backordered and to expect it by the end of the
month. My guess is that Classic Parts has them built
as they need them and waits until they have enough
orders to get a price break. If you order one from
them, maybe it will increase their order quantity
enough so that I get mine sooner.
I wish I could tell you how well it works. I will
definately let the whole list know if it does not.
People at car shows have recommended Desert Coolers
and Griffin as working very well without costing a
lot.

Jim Nordwall
1950 3100

--- George Perez <g.perez@charter.net> wrote:

> Thanks for all the replies I received on my Radiator
> question.
>
> Of the four replies I received no one liked the new
> aluminum Radiators.
>
> As a matter of fact they thought they were to costly
> and high maintenance.
>
> Seems they tend to corrode and clog up with out
> frequent maintenance.

Jim Nordwall
http://www.geocities.com/jimnordwall/