Re: [oletrucks] Air Conditioning - What's Best?

To: Mark Mintmier <tenisguy@gte.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Air Conditioning - What's Best?
From: Bill Bailey <bill@oletruck.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 08:29:41 -0400
Mark Mintmier wrote:

> Does anyone have any recommendations, suggestions, and/or experience
> with any of the following companies?
>
> (1) Vintage Air
> (2) Hot Rod Air
> (3) Old Air
> (4) Southern Air

Some years ago I helped a friend try to install a Vintage Air "Sure Fit"
unit in his 56 F-100. I don't recall all the trials and tribulations we
went through but I do recall that is "surely fit something but it wasn't
that truck". I remember the instructions as being convoluted and not
user friendly at all. It was the only project I ever walked away from
because my temper got the better of me. He eventually gave up too and
sent the thing back. He replaced with a Hurricane Air (which I was not
involved in installing) but he said he went in easy and it's still
working good some 6 or 7 years later.