[oletrucks] 55 Chevy 2nd Truck Questions

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 55 Chevy 2nd Truck Questions
From: "Ken Hardisty" <KLHardisty@hoshizaki.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 09:29:01 -0400
I am in the process of finishing the engine and drive train, getting ready for
the cab.  It appears I am missing some key engine parts.  My truck is a 1955
2nd Series short bed with a 1958 Chevy 235 6 cylinder.  I am looking for some
help on the following parts and assemblies for the engine.

*       I need a bracket to connect the Draft Tube to the block.  Any ideas as
how to locate one?
*       There is a clip that attached the floor starter spring to the starter
engaging rod.   It is tear drop shaped with one small and one large hole.  Any
ideas as to how to locate one?
*       My oil dip stick is broken.  Do you know where to get a replacement
stick?
The tube is OK.
*       There is a multi function bracket that attaches to the block below the
intake/exhaust manifold.  From the assembly manual it appears to be connected
to the oil pan bolt.  Anyway, this bracket has (2) purposes as I understand.
One is to attach the accelerator spring and the other is to attach the clutch
release spring.  Any ideas as to how to locate one?

Thanks,
Ken Hardisty
VP Sales
Hoshizaki America, Inc.
800-762-6216  Ext 224

-- Disclaimer --
confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person(s)
named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any unauthorized disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may constitute a
violation of law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the