Re: [oletrucks] Drive Line Question

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, "Green Steven D" <sgreen@ku.edu>, "Steve
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Drive Line Question
From: "Robert Baird" <bairdr54@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:34:19 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
But the point is the SM 420 Trans will fit ether Bell housing the only
difference in the frame that will come into play is where to attach the
spring shackles hangers brackets For the rear axle if they are not the same
length The 1957 and 55  truck rear end are both the same I used the 55 they
are both called 55T in the rear end business used from 1955 -1962 .  You
will want to get a set of 3:38 gears for it it will have 3:90 or a 4:11 in
it. I can do 70 mph with my 261 6 banger With the 3:38 and the 261 is not
even breathing hard at that speed.

Robert Baird