[oletrucks] GM MC Remote Fill Advice

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] GM MC Remote Fill Advice
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 12:44:13 -0500
List Members:

I'm beginning to think about and line-up my winter improvement projects for
my truck.  One of the things I want to work on is a remote-fill master
cylinder kit.  I'm getting tired of crawling under the truck and
checking/filling the MC until the fluild runs down my arm to my armpit.

I have a '56 Chevy 1/2 ton stepside with a power brake conversion kit I
installed some years ago.  It has the dual chamber master cylinder, but it
is NOT a corvette style (two spring clamps to hold the cap on).  It has a
single spring/wire clamp that runs the length of the MC front to back.  With
the vacuum boster, the original access hole to the original MC won't work,
and I do not want to cut-up the floor of my cab to put an access door in (it
would be underneath the seat anyway).

I don't want to buy a 'vette MC but would like to take the existing cap,
drill two holes in it (one for each chamber), braze/weld fittings in the cap
off-center (so I can still get the cap on with the single clamp), then run a
set of lines from a plastic reservoir inside the cab.  I would cut the
expansion cups out of the rubber gasket inside the cap for the fluid to get
through, yet still seal the cap to the MC.

Anyone had any experience doing somthing like this?  Any advice would be
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Carl Ham
'56 Chevy Stepside Pickup
Hopewell, IL

Kick back and relax with hot games and cool activities at the Messenger
Cafi. http://www.cafemessenger.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_SeptHMtagline1