[oletrucks] v8 swap

To: thecaptainkirk@yahoo.com
Subject: [oletrucks] v8 swap
From: mark <ccpanel@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 11:24:57 -0700 (PDT)
hey kirk...
i did this in my 55.5 cept i had it harder-i had the 235 and went to
350.

if you already have 265(not 285) then you are done. nothing else to do
but swap blocks.
unbolt-remove-replace.
modern block up to 87? 95? all already have the bounting holes for the
stock type front motor mounts and of course your rear mount is the
bellhousing.
i had to find a v8 bell for this chassis, OEM throttle link, found a
frame that had v8 and popped rivits out for the front motor mounts on
frame, found front motor mount brackets and links, etc, etc, etc...

email me if you need more detail or pics.
since you allready have SBC its a R/R and go. and hang on. =)
mark

Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the
tools to get online.