[oletrucks] Brought my 57 TF 3100 home this week...

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Brought my 57 TF 3100 home this week...
From: "Mike Sergesketter" <mserges@psci.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 22:59:28 -0500
Well I finally got a project home from the body shop!!  Not quite done, but
driveable.  The guy doing the body work is moving to tennessee and wanted it
out of his shop before his latest trip to his new home.  Unfortunately I had
to have it towed hime after it overheated and the alternator failed.  with a
few minor repairs it is up and running again.  I'm working the bugs out, and
it needs lots of rubbing to before the finish is smooth...a story for another
day...anyway, a couple of question for the list:

I put in a 350/350 since I had one in the garage and it will take me a while
to rebuild the original 235.  I bought the firewall mount accelerator linkage
and have it installed.  With the automatic transmission the pedal hits one of
the transmission mounting bolts before pedal hits the floor, causing the top
end to be around 60 mph.  Question is whether anyone else has run into this
problem, and if so, how did you fix it?

Second question has to do with the seats.  I installed two 2002 Chevy
silverado seats, which seem to  fit nicely.  I am pretty tall, and find that
the thickness of the seats crowds me a bit.  I have been looking for stock
seat close by, but so far have not had any luck.  Any suggestons on a good
fitting bench seat that would give me a little more room in the TF cab?  I
liked the silverado seats since they have the seat belts integrated, but I
think over time I will  be look for a little more room...

Thanks for any help or suggestions!!

MIke