RE: [oletrucks] Brought my 57 TF 3100 home this week...

To: mserges@psci.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Brought my 57 TF 3100 home this week...
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 08:01:10 -0600
Mike:
I had a similar problem when I installed a new Lokar accelerator pedal in my
56.  The pedal bottomed-out before I had full travel on the carb linkage.  I
made a small aluminum block about 1-2 inches thick and drilled it for the
mounting holes, then installed under the accelerator pedal mount on the
floorboard.  This gave me the travel I needed.  Hope it works for you.

Carl Ham
'56 Chevy Stepside Pickup
Hopewell, IL

>From: "Mike Sergesketter" <mserges@psci.net>
>To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
>Subject: [oletrucks] Brought my 57 TF 3100 home this week...
>Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 22:59:28 -0500
>
>Well I finally got a project home from the body shop!!  Not quite done, but
>driveable.  The guy doing the body work is moving to tennessee and wanted
>it
>out of his shop before his latest trip to his new home.  Unfortunately I
>had
>to have it towed hime after it overheated and the alternator failed.  with
>few minor repairs it is up and running again.  I'm working the bugs out,
>and
>it needs lots of rubbing to before the finish is smooth...a story for
>another
>day...anyway, a couple of question for the list:
>
>I put in a 350/350 since I had one in the garage and it will take me a
>while
>to rebuild the original 235.  I bought the firewall mount accelerator
>linkage
>and have it installed.  With the automatic transmission the pedal hits one
>of
>the transmission mounting bolts before pedal hits the floor, causing the
>top
>end to be around 60 mph.  Question is whether anyone else has run into this
>problem, and if so, how did you fix it?

See what youre getting intobefore you go there
http://newlivehotmail.com/?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_viral_preview_0507