[oletrucks] front ifs springs

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] front ifs springs
From: "Tom Cooper" <tntcoop@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 20:46:37 -0500
Some of you know, I put a front end from a 1981 Camaro into my 1955
Chevy 2nd series. I am now going through it and replacing/rebuilding
some parts of the ifs. Who ever had the Camaro before me apparently used
a torch to heat and collapse the springs, to lower it.
I know by putting the ifs in my truck it will sit a little lower,
however I would like to keep it as close to original height as possible.
Does anyone have any suggestions for springs that will help me keep some
height? Someone told me maybe heavy duty springs from a Trans Am may
help me keep some height. Are there any other ways to maintain some
height?
I finally got the body work done on the cab, and got underneath the cab
undercoated and the frame painted. So now it time to slowly start
putting it back together. Thanks for the help

        Tom in SC
        55 2nd