[oletrucks] Power steering problem

To: <oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Power steering problem
From: "Mike & Inez Plucker" <impluck@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 07:21:51 -0500
Background info: I have a M II front end and Chevy 350 with Gen II pump and
remote reservoir.

I have a small problem, I hope that some one on this list may have a
solution. I am putting my 50 3100 back together and when I first started the
engine yesterday everything was fine, started and ran just great. After
about 20 minutes the engine was at idle and I tried to turn the steering
wheel from lock to lock to bleed the air from system. As soon as I touched
the wheel the steering went from straight ahead to hard right turn and all I
did was touch the wheel. It turned all by its self. The seal around the
steering shaft input was also blown out and boy does it leak.   Does any one
have any Idea about what may be the problem.

Any Ideas will be greatley appreciated.

Mike Trying to figure it out.