[oletrucks] Remain seal removal help needed

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Remain seal removal help needed
From: "Kinderlehrer" <Kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 21:06:09 -0800
Hi all,
I am in the process of rebuilding the 235 in my 56 and I'm having a hell of a
time getting the upper half of the rear seal out of the engine. I am doing
this with the engine in the truck, and the transmission attached, so dropping
the crank probably wont work. I've tried hammering, digging, cursing - little
pieces come out but it just won't budge.  I have a neoprene seal to replace it
with - hopfully - and that shouldn't requre the crank to come down.  Anyone
been through this?Anyone have some magic trick?

Thanks for any help and hope you all have a great holiday!
Bob