[oletrucks] 3 phase power??

To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 3 phase power??
From: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 23:19:27 -0700
Hey there list(s),

I have a question concerning 3 phase power.  I just bought 8 acres with an
old dairy barn (30X40) that has 3 phase power to it along with a well, heat,
water, drains and bathroom and a mouse herd of about 300 head and a few
cotton tail rabbits and lotsa' weeds.  I haven't seen any snakes  but there
is 6" of snow on the ground.  I had the electricity account put under my
name today and the guy at REA (Rural Electric Association) asked me if I
wanted to drop the 3 phase and just go with single phase since "I was just
going to piddle around there", which is true but who the hell is he to say
if I'm going to piddle or fiddle or dribble around.  Maybe I'll eat a lot of
beans and fart around.  True, I don't have any 3 phase tools and I probably
wouldn't know a 3 phase tool if it fell on my foot.  I'm guessin' that I
could get a 3 phase air compressor to fill my tires with every year or so.
Other than that, I can't think of any other 3 phase tools that I can use on
my Pcupps and Burb.  And Hey, 3 phase is more power and power is good and it
costs an extra $20.00 a month but what the hey, it's only money.  But $20.00
IS a case of beer.  What to do?  What to do?? What to do??

Do I need 3 phase or what?

I have named the 8 acres, "The Extremely Small Ranch with No Name, or Mouse
Haven"

I might even have an electric lift for it if Bob would find out if he can
sell me his lift when he moves.  Did YA hear that BOB???

Durwood
51 Chevy 1/2 ton Deluxe 5 window
52 Burb
54 Jimmy 1/2 ton Deluxe 5 window