[oletrucks] 55-59 radiator support

To: oletruck oletruck <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, old-chevy-truck
Subject: [oletrucks] 55-59 radiator support
From: K Ohlgren <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 01:42:23 +0000
what can you tell me about the differences to the radiator support between a 6
cyl and V8 for a 58-59 truck? is it different on the 55-57? i've owned a 56
gmc and 5 58-59 3100 in my life. i know the 56 was different from the later
yrs due to the inclusion of that extra sexy pair of headlights, but i thought
the 6 & v8 for each year had the same radiator support and radiator location.
it's also my experience that all 55-59 radiators were the same mount.

the reason i am asking is that i am having problems installing a vintage air
surefit condensor/dryer on my truck. the surefit (ya gotta love that name)
condensor brackets don't match the radiator holes that they are supposed to.
the hard lines thru the core support hit the big X-brace on the radiator
support (vintage air recomended that i cut out the X) also the hard line to
the dryer would mount the dryer in the wheel well outside of the inner fender.
no i'm not cutting out the X, nor will i mount the dryer in the wheel
well.Kurt 58 3100 Apache project the "Duracell Project" it keeps going... and
going...When I die, i want to go asleep and peaceful, not screaming and
freaking out like everyone else in the car.
http://www.windowslive.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_powerofwindows_012008