RE: [oletrucks] 55-59 radiator support

To: K Ohlgren <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>, oletruck oletruck
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 55-59 radiator support
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <Bill.Hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 15:00:31 +0000
Check here
   http://www.team.net/mharc/archives/html/oletrucks/2001-07/msg00149.html
for my posting on trying to get a "Sure Fit"  Vintage Air system into my '57
GMC in 2001.

'58 GMC Master Parts Book thinks enough difference exists between front end
sheet metal of 55-56, 57 and 58 trucks to give each its own drawing in the
book.  Back when I did mine Vintage Air said that when they did their original
kit they used a '58 GMC for development.

'58 GMC Master Parts Book shows a large number of differences between 6 and 8
cylinder radiator mounting in 55.2-57 models, but none that I can find on a
quick scan of the book on the '58 except for the radiator core itself.

Good luck.