[oletrucks] Rear Leaf Springs part 3

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Rear Leaf Springs part 3
From: KremerRAK@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 22:29:52 EST
To the all wise and knowing list,

Once again, I find myself in need of the knowledge you guys have.  My  58
panel is in need of new rear leafs.  A local shop will rebuild the  existing
ones
but I can't get them off.  The front pins came out  okay.  The rear shackles
are giving me fits.  I have been told that  these should have threaded
bushings.  I was able to remove inside and  outside nuts from both the top and
the
bottom of the shackle.  I have not  been able to pry one side of the shackle
off.  Since I have a bad habit of  breaking bolts off, I figured it was best to
ask first.

Please let me know if there are any tricks that can be applied to taking  the
shackles off of the rear of the leaf springs.

Once the springs are replaced and the turn signals re-wired, it is off to
the inspection station.  I can't wait!

Thanks again.

Rick Kremer

54 5 window