[oletrucks] headers for 305 engine

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] headers for 305 engine
From: TheCaptainKirk <thecaptainkirk@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:15:07 -0700 (PDT)
Hey Guys,

I'm looking to buy exhaust headers for the Chevy 305 engine that i'm putting in
my '57 and I have a question; are headers for Chevy's fairly 'universal' ?
In other words, would the same headers for a 305 engine also fit a 327 and 350
engine?

I've seen some pictures on Craigs List; some headers drop straight down out of
the block and then turn 90 degrees to the rear, and other headers angle off to
the rear right out of the block.  Would either type work with a stock '57 front
end?

Kirk Brown
'57 Chevy 3100 Series
Mira Loma, CA 91752