RE: [oletrucks] Re: will a 6.2 diesel drop into a '53 chevy? is

To: PDM <peterdalbymiddleton@gmail.com>, oletrucks
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Re: will a 6.2 diesel drop into a '53 chevy? is
From: K Ohlgren <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 14:13:01 +0000
anything will fit in anything, it's a matter of how far your willing to go and
your level of expertise for fab. if you have to ask, then no, you shouldn't do
it. it will not be an easy fit. the whole drive train will need to be changed
out.Kurt 58 3100 Apache project the "Duracell Project" it keeps going... and
going...When I die, i want to go asleep and peaceful, not screaming and
freaking out like everyone else in the car.  > Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 19:34:17
-0400> From: peterdalbymiddleton@gmail.com> To: oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: will a 6.2 diesel drop into a '53 chevy? is it about
the same fit as a sbc v-8?> > I think I found the answer here>
http://www.ifsja.org/tech/motors/diesel.html> same as a big block> > HOW CLOSE
IS IT IN SIZE TO THE 350V8? ROUGHLY THE SAME? SAME MOTOR MOUNTS?> > Not the
same mounts but easy to adapt, either fabricate locally or possible> obtain
from a company called MARS. It will fit with a little banging on the> fire
wall sheet metal for the valve cover to clear.> > The 6.2 is based on the
Chevy Big block i.e. the 396/427/454. It is a little> heavier> > It's 379 cu
in. It's heftier, best bet is to find a full size blazer with> one and look...
I'd say it's pretty close, if not the same size.> > > On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at
7:15 PM, PDM <peterdalbymiddleton@gmail.com> wrote:> > > will a 6.2 diesel
drop into a '53 chevy? is it about the same fit as a sbc> > v-8?
Spell a grand slam in this game where word skill meets World Series. Get in
the game.
http://club.live.com/word_slugger.aspx?icid=word_slugger_wlhm_admod_april08