RE: [oletrucks] Front Hub removal from drum

To: "Kent S. Butler" <kent_butler@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Front Hub removal from drum
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <Bill.Hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 02:09:19 +0000
Yes, those 3 heads are rivets that must be removed to remove the drum from the
hub.  If you have an angle grinder knock the heads off from the outside of the
drum and then use a punch to drive the rest of the rivet through with a punch.
If no grinder, center punch the rivet and drill straight through with a small
bit, 1/8" or so.  Then increase bit size until the head separates from the
rest of the rivet.  Then drive the rest of the rivet through with a punch.