[oletrucks] Re: Adjusting Carb with Adjustable Main Jet?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Adjusting Carb with Adjustable Main Jet?
From: Heather Bean <bean@frii.com>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 16:09:38 -0600
The saga of the Zenith carb gets weirder:  My carb rebuild instructions
clearly state that carbs with an adjustable main jet will not have a
standard main jet.  In this carburetor, both are installed.  So...do I
remove the standard main jet as the rebuild instructions would seem to
indicate is the correct configuration?  Leave both in because maybe
somebody did this for a reason?

Unfortunately, the rebuild instructions do not shed any light on
adjusting the adjustable main jet, even though they do mention that it
exists for this carb.  The GMC factory maintenance manual doesn't even
mention the existence of an adjustable main jet for the Zenith carb,
much less how to adjust it or what should be installed with it.

If anyone has manual(s) or rebuild instructions more illuminating than
mine, or has just messed around with this carb a lot, I'd love to hear
any thoughts you might have.  I can, of course, just try all of the
possible configurations and figure out what works best, but any info
that could speed up the process would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Heather