[oletrucks] 51 exhaust/headers

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 51 exhaust/headers
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 09:46:49 -0500
Got a question for you Advanced Design guys--- Got a question from a guy
with a 51 with a small block v-8 using a tubular crossmember for the v-8
mount. Purchase block huggers and the collector dumps right on top of the
front I-beam, I realize the long tube headers can be a problem with
steering box clearance and wonder what headers folk used when going this
route as to clear the front I-beam?  I saw some of the shorty style headers
that sweep back somewhat and this would be my answer but wondering what
those who have "been there done that" school of experience....   Of course
specific info would be appreciated regarding maker of headers....

wayne