Re: [oletrucks] amp gauge for volt gauge

To: Tom Cooper <tntcoop@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] amp gauge for volt gauge
From: Bill Bailey <bill@oletruck.com>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 09:14:44 -0400
Tom Cooper wrote:
> I have gotten spooked about using my stock amp gauge with an alternator.
<snip>

I have been running a 63 amp alternator for  years with my stock ammeter
gauge with no problems. I think as long as connections are clean and
tight there should be no problem. I believe there is some confusion here
as to  capability of alternator output vs actual alternator output.
Maybe with a super high power stereo cranked all the way up, all lights
burning and battery almost dead you *might* approach the alternator
output but even then I'm not sure. At any rate if you want a voltmeter
that's fine but I wouldn't get too nervous using your stock ammeter.
Just my two cents.

--
Bill Bailey